httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joergen Larsen" <nim...@dbmail.dk>
Subject [users@httpd] no userdir
Date Sun, 21 Mar 2004 23:47:50 GMT
Hi
Suddenly I can't see my userdirs anymore.
I am running an Apache 1.3.27 on a windows 98.
I can get to the main site http://localhost but not to the "user
sub-sites" like http://localhost/~sandy.
If I start an Apache on another machine with the exact same
conf-file(adjusting for necessary paths) then it works fine with
localhost/~sandy

And another thing: Why can I not get to the site when asking for
http://www.nimmersoft.dk on the server-machine itself (which after all
holds both the server and the site-folders), when I can do it from the
two other machines and from anywhere else? - although the /~userdirs don't work there either.

 All machines are connected through a 3Com cable/gateway router.
I have disabled the router's built-in firewall so there should be
unlimited access through this gateway. All three machines are getting
their local IP addresses from the router(DHCP).

Many Greetings Viele Gruesse Mange Hilsener
Lodrö Sangpo Joergen Larsen
www.nimmersoft.com www.nimmersoft.dk
Karmapa Chenno
OmManiPemeHung