httpd-users mailing list archives

From Skirecs <ci...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SMS Text Message and PHP
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:48:37 GMT
I thought it might take the info in the textboxes, and send it through the
free SMS text service on ATT.com. As i said i dont know much so there you
go.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Boyle@swx.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 5:18 AM
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] SMS Text Message and PHP

Before you get too excited, it is not really PHP that is magically
sending an SMS. PHP is simply the server-sided program that is making a
connection to an SMS server. This is a machine (probably with an HTTP
interface so you can send data to it) which is connected to a phone line
so it can send SMS. You will certainly have to pay to use it and will
probably need an account of some sort.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

Groupe SWX.