httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Fabiano Reis" <fsi...@ig.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] serving static content with apache 2.0.46
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 12:07:11 GMT
hi shyan,

If you take a look in your httpd.conf you will see a section like this:

        <Location "/somepath/*">
            JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009
        </Location>

this config is setting apache to see documents over "/somepath/*" to be parsed by tomcat.
If you place your static documents under another directory you will be splitting what is jsp
from what is static.

Try to save your static under DocumentRoot in a URI differente from "/somepath". Why? Because
"somepath" is used by apache to map tomcat documents.

I hope this help you.

-
Fabiano
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: shyam
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 12:29 PM
  Subject: [users@httpd] serving static content with apache 2.0.46

  Hi All,

  I have been just added to the mailing list. I have  a web application with apache 2.0.46
as the http server and tomcat 5 as the web server. Currently my tomcat serves the static pages
also. But now I want the apache to serve the static content and tomcat the jsp pages. It would
be grateful if someone can tell me how I should go about this or any manual where I can find
the documentation for this.

  Thanks

  shyam

  Software Engineer