httpd-users mailing list archives

From Skirecs <ci...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] no userdir
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 03:20:12 GMT
You probably dont have loopback enabled, to the connection cant go out and right back in again.
Skirecs
www.skirecs.dynu.com

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Joergen Larsen
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2004 6:47 PM
  Subject: [users@httpd] no userdir

  Hi
  Suddenly I can't see my userdirs anymore.
  I am running an Apache 1.3.27 on a windows 98.
  I can get to the main site http://localhost but not to the "user
  sub-sites" like http://localhost/~sandy.
  If I start an Apache on another machine with the exact same
  conf-file(adjusting for necessary paths) then it works fine with
  localhost/~sandy

  And another thing: Why can I not get to the site when asking for
  http://www.nimmersoft.dk on the server-machine itself (which after all
  holds both the server and the site-folders), when I can do it from the
  two other machines and from anywhere else? - although the /~userdirs don't work there either.

   All machines are connected through a 3Com cable/gateway router.
  I have disabled the router's built-in firewall so there should be
  unlimited access through this gateway. All three machines are getting
  their local IP addresses from the router(DHCP).

  Many Greetings Viele Gruesse Mange Hilsener
  Lodrö Sangpo Joergen Larsen
  www.nimmersoft.com www.nimmersoft.dk
  Karmapa Chenno
  OmManiPemeHung