httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Hays" <no...@gfoyle.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] 1.3.28 - status page won't display
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 00:10:06 GMT
you wrote:
> [...]
[snip]
>> ===
>> But I got this error when trying to start Apache:
>>
>> [root@snort bin]# ./apachectl start
>> Syntax error on line 205 of /www/conf/httpd.conf:
>> Cannot load /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_status.so into server:
>> /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_status.so: undefined symbol:
>> ap_hook_post_config
>> ./apachectl start: httpd could not be started
>> [root@snort bin]#
>
>this means a library isn't linked correctly or something might
>not be compiled
>correctly. what does ldd /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_status.so return?
= = =

See below:
[root@snort root]# ldd /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_status.so
        libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/libc.so.6 (0x003d8000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x003c0000)
[root@snort root]#

>you might be able to add edit apachectl and add a path to
>$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
= = =

Hmmm. I looked in apachectl it is not obvious what I am supposed to add.
Further, when I execute 'set' to get a list of environmental variables,
I see no LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable. Maybe that is the problem? If so,
what do you suggest assigning to the variable, given the ldd output
above?

Thanks in advance,

-Jonathan