httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew A. Raines" <aarai...@pobox.com>
Subject [users@httpd] httpd-2.0.48 and mod_auth_ldap -- ``no such object''
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:03:47 GMT
I'm very close to getting my Subversion repository authenticated
via mod_auth_ldap.  However, I'm seeing this error message:

  auth_ldap authenticate: user rainesaa authentication failed; \
                         URI /svn/ [User not found][No such object]

The problem is that Apache is issuing a SRCH before it tries to
BIND, but the LDAP service will not allow anonymous searching.  If
it would simply BIND and not try to do any searching, I think it
would work.  The documentation sounds like this is impossible.  Am
I mistaken?

--
    aaraines@pobox.com (Andrew A. Raines)