httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Malka Cymbalista" <Malki.Cymbali...@weizmann.ac.il>
Subject [users@httpd] RewriteRule problem
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:00:50 GMT
I have a strange problem with my web server.  I am running apache 2.0.48
with mod_perl 1.99_12 on a Sun Solaris machine running Solaris 9. The
URL for our site is http://www.weizmann.ac.il.  When someone goes to
http://www.weizmann.ac.il, the appropriate page is served up
depending on the IP address of the machine requesting the page so that
people inside
Weizmann get one page and people outside Weizmann get a different
page.

I have the following code in my httpd.conf file:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/$
RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} !^138\.76.+
RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} !^138\.77.+
RewriteRule ^/$ http://www.weizmann.ac.il/homep/home_ex.html [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/$
RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} ^138\.76.+|^138\.77.+
RewriteRule ^/$ http://www.weizmann.ac.il/homep/home_in.html [L]

These lines are in the <VirtualHost> section of the file. The problem
is that when someone inside Weizmann goes to http://www.weizmann.ac.il,
they get the appropriate page but the URL that is displayed in the
location bar is http://www.weizmann.ac.il/homep/home_in.html and what I
want displayed is simply http://www.weizmann.ac.il.  The odd thing is
that if someone from outside Weizmann goes to http://www.weizmann.ac.il
they will get the proper page but they will see
http://www.weizmann.ac.il displayed in the location bar and this is
what I want. I just upgraded to a new server and on the old server
everything worked properly.  I also have another web server that runs
inside our firewall and on this server everything works properly as
well.  The code in both httpd.conf files is the same.

I would appreciate it if anyone can shed any light on this problem.
Thanks in advance.

Malki Cymbalista
Webmaster, Weizmann Institute of Science
Rehovot, Israel 76100
Internet: Malki.Cymbalista@weizmann.ac.il
08-934-3036