httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Marco Muishout" <Marco.Muish...@thecomputer.nl>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_rewrite - How to redirect dynamic tomcat to static apache content?
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 01:14:16 GMT
Hi,

I have the following situation:
apache 2.0.48 server, connected through mod_jk to tomcat 4.1.24.

We have a tomcat JSP app which contains a JSP page that is called very often
but does not contain any actual dynamic content.  But - this JSP page is
part of an out-of-the box app that we do not want to change.

So - what we did is create a HTML page which does the same thing the JSP
page does.

And now the Question: Since we do not want tomcat to be busy with all these
requests, we would like to redirect any request for the JSP page to our
custom HTML page. This way, apache serves the request, relieving tomcat.

I tried using mod_rewrite to rewrite the URI and have it point at the HTML
page each time a request for the JSP page comes in. But, no luck. Can anyone
please supply any ideas on how to do this?

I tried using a RewriteCond + a RewriteRule to rewrite the REQUEST_URI. I
also switched on mod_rewrite logging but I could not manage to get any
output at all. (with loglevel between 3 and 9)

http:\\server:7221\dira\dirb\request.jsp should be changed to
http:\\server:7221\dira\dirb\request.html.

Thanks!

Marco