httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Obeda (ACM)" <pdob...@acm.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Htaccess won't work
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 07:22:43 GMT
Is "/usr/local/www/data" intended to be part of your document tree?
In particular, the "data" directory is part of your Document Root,
but not part of your other Directory directives.

Otherwise, I don't see any meaningful differences between your config
and mine.  I can't imagine quotes around the password file path would
matter.  All I could suggest would be traditional divide-and-conquer:
e.g. try specifying a directory closer to docroot until your whole
server is protected; try other options until something triggers, etc.

If this still doesn't work, I'm sure a better expert than I could
comment on your results ...