httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 and file extensions
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:47:08 GMT

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Rob Saunders wrote:
> "[warn] Request, /index.mhtml, is of type, - skipping"
>
> which seems to imply that Apache doesn't know what the .mhtml is, or, if
> I include the line:
>
> AddType perl-script .mhtml
>
> to my perl.conf file and restart, I get:
>
> "[warn] Request, /index.mhtml, is of type, perl-script - skipping"

This is a question better suited for the mod_perl users list.  But if I
had to guess, I would say
AddType text/html .mthml

The "type" is the content-type of the output delivered by the file, not
the type of script used.  (Although many apache modules abuse the type to
set teh processor as well.  This is not technically correct.)

Joshua.