httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] basic config for virtual host
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 20:43:08 GMT

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, en wrote:
> > Your basic configuration is correct.
> >
> > Give us real domain names so we can see if you have DNS configured
> > correctly and if you are messing things up with a firewall/domain
> > forwarder or the like.
> >
> > Joshua.
>

> does the redhat box need to be running DNS itself or is it ok to have dns
> elsewhere pointing to the ip address.
> domain1.com is pointing to the ip address
> and domain2.com is pointing to the same ip address
> from outside of the redhat box

So we're still playing "make life difficult for people trying to help you
with guessing games".  Ah well.

You need *real* DNS for both names pointing at the same IP address.  It
doesn't have to be hosted on the same server, but it can't be any sort of
"forwarding service".  It must be real dns where the name actually
resolves the IP address, both locally and on the Internet.

Joshua.