httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] .htaccess question - IP blockage
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:10:06 GMT

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Henry wrote:

> I realize why it makes no sense..  which is why I posted the original
> question.  I have a public website that I want most people to see and
> use.  I have some abusers I've denied access by blocking their subnet
> (usually cable modem or DSL users with slightly dynamic IP addresses).
> I have some trusted users of those blocked subnets I want to grant
> specific IP access to.
>
> This is why my original configuration has "allow, deny/allow from all"
> first, then the denials, but I want to open up specific IP addresses in
> the blocked sub-nets.
>
> Is this possible?

[Trying very hard not to be rude...]

Obviously you decided you didn't need to bother to go read the docs on
Order like I suggested.  Because if you had, you would know that the Order
directive also changes the default access state, and will therefore do
exactly what you want if you simply remove the "Allow from all".  I see no
need to repeat all the details here when they are clearly written in the
docs.

Joshua.