httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] combining mod_rewrite and mod_vhost_alias
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 18:01:34 GMT

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Damian Meyer wrote:

> However, when it comes to CGI scripts, there seems to be no way to use
> suEXEC to wrap these to run as the actual user, not the nobody user.
> I've looked at cgiwrap and mod_cgiwrap which seems to be part way
> there.  However the DOCUMENT_ROOT is not correct.  So to my question: is
> there any way to modify the DOCUMENT_ROOT variable within mod_rewrite in
> httpd.conf?   I suspect the answer is no, but thought I would ask.

You suspect correctly.  The answer is no.

The main reason is that DOCUMENT_ROOT is not a variable that should be
used.  It does not take into account Aliases, RewriteRules, etc, and
therefore is unreliable.

But I don't see why you need to use DOCUMENT_ROOT anyway.  I'm not a
cgiwrap expert, but it doesn't really seem to be required.

Joshua.