httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help running perl cgi over apache
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:09:45 GMT
> No, \r is not purely a DOS thing. Some protocols specify CRLF as the
  line termination, regardless of operating system.

Yep.

> IIRC the HTTP spec says each header line should be terminated by CRLF.

Yep - along with other RFC822-family protocols.

> On a DOS/Windows system \n should result in CRLF and should therefore be
 correct, but on a Linix or Unix system \n shpould result in LF wich means
  you have to specify \r\n to follow the HTTP standard.

That looks confused.  I think you're using "\n" for newline.

> Of course, the web server might be nice and handle this for the script
  so the poor programmer doesn't have to. :-)

s/might/MUST/

If it doesn't then it's not CGI.

--
Nick Kew