httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] CGI problem
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2004 10:28:54 GMT
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004, David Weaver wrote:

>	 To make a long story short, I don't like having to put the "shebang"
> line at the top of every script (since it makes my scripts very un-portable to
> other servers),

Erm, how does it do that?  The shebang line is a shell thing that goes
back to the 1970s, and nothing to do with the webserver.

> # (my language is called "Marathon")
> AddHandler marathon .mth

That's a way to integrate your own language.  But it's your proprietary
stuff.  If it was CGI, you'd need
AddHandler cgi-script .mth

(or alternative CGI driver, but things like mod_perl and mod_python
work rather differently, and CGI is not their primary purpose).

> Action marathon D:/webroot/marathon/marathon.exe

Who defines that directive?

--
Nick Kew