httpd-users mailing list archives

From "John P. Dodge" <do...@cruciate.ca.boeing.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] help for installing Apache.
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 00:34:57 GMT
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Jiang, Jing wrote:

> Sir,
>
> Logs dir is created by "make install". It should be taken care of by install script not
by me. I installed twice and got the same results. Now my attention move to where I can find
any log about my installation because during the installation, I didn't found anything wrong.
It looks well done. Why error_log is never shown in the logs dir but it is clearly defined
in the /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf. Thanks to Owen by giving me a very useful command
"truss /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -k start" It help me get the debug output. Please help
me correct the problem by reading the attached debug output. thanks again.

> Jing.
>

> # ls -l|grep logs
> drwxr-xr-x   2 root     other        512 Feb 18 17:24 logs
> # cd logs
> # ls -l
> total 0
> # pwd
> /usr/local/apache/logs

I don't really see anything in the truss file. Try the apachectl script
with shell tracing on.

/bin/sh -vx apachectl start

"Mon aƩroglisseur est plein d'anguilles"
John P. Dodge
Boeing Shared Services