httpd-users mailing list archives

From "NATHAN TRUHAN" <ntru...@kent.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Uninstalling /Upgrading to httpd 2.0.48
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 18:01:05 GMT
Hello,
What is the safest way to uninstall Apache 2.0.48?  I did not see an
uninstall sectionin the makefile.
I am currently running a red-hat 9.0 box and have Apache 2.0.40-21.9
installed, configured and running.
I downloaded 2.0.48 in hopes of upgrading the existing install, however I
supplied the wrong prefix (/usr/lib) and now I have two copies of Apache
installed.  I want to remove the Apache 2.0.48 and find an RPM out there.
It looks like redhat has scattered the binaries for it into a few
directories, namely /usr/sbin and /usr/lib.

Thank you,
Nathan

Nathan D. Truhan
Application Developer and Systems Administrator
Office of the University Registrar
Kent State University
(330) 672-1610