httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Guillermo Martinez \(Silvereme\)" <a.guille...@silvereme.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Very very strange problem with virtualhost's
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2004 16:54:51 GMT

>> Hello:
>>
>> I usually solve my problems googling  but in this case, I've been
>> testing
it
>> for more than a week and I've no idea on waths the problem. I've asked
>> a friend about it and he said me to ask to this list.
>>
>> I'm having a very strange problem with Apache/2.0.48 (Win32) on
>> windows 2k server. The problem is related to Virtualhost.
>>
>> I've a machine with apache running good, as I've only one public IP
>> and I need to serve various domains I'm using virtualhosts.
>>
>> I've an include in the httpd.conf file to include vhosts.conf (and
>> namevirtualhost * (and tested with namevirtualhost *:80) in the
>> httpd.conf file). In the main httpd.conf file I've nothing more about
virtualservers.

>> All domains are resolving (including prefix www.) to the same IP
>> (server's IP).
>>
>> I've tree diferent web pages for the tree domains. When I try to open
>> the explorer to www.silvereme.com it opens the correct page, when I
>> try to
open
>> www.geekiberico.com it open the correct page but when I try to open
>> www.pi-erre.com it opens the www.silvereme.com page.
>>
>> It's stange because when I try to open the page from any computer (in
>> the network, outside the network, etc) it fails (opens the incorrect
>> page) BUT when I open it from the local machine, it opens the correct
>> page (not refresing or proxy problem, I've tested that).
>>

>  You may need to do this:
>
>In httpd.conf file --
>
>Listen 80
>
>NameVirtualHost put.ip.address.here
>
><VirtualHost www.your.domain>
>

>  I've not been able to get it to work any other way (Apache2.0.45 w/WinXP
Pro), NameVirtualHost * just doesn't work for me - all requests >return the
same page.

Norman:

Thank you for your answer.

After changing it I'm still having the same problem.

I think it's very strange that I could load it from the local computer and
not from a remote one...

Anything else to test?

Thank you again.