httpd-users mailing list archives

From "JM Fraser" <...@cybertrex.co.uk>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] PHP on Apache 2
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 01:24:40 GMT
I had a very hard time going to v2.0. But in the end I scrapped V1.3 and
installed v2.0. Works a treat now. Can be a learning experience, but then,
welcome to the command line! I use PHP v4.3.4.

Are you using Unix or Linux, which flavour?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Sorenson [mailto:jsorenso@bcoe.org]
Sent: 03 February 2004 16:50
To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: [users@httpd] PHP on Apache 2

I am considering installing Apache as my web server, however, I am reading
that version 2 is still not recommend by some, i.e. PHP, but recommends
version 1.x etc.  Does anyone have any opinion on this.  If OK, what would
be the addional directives that would need to be added to the Apache config
file to make everything work.  Also, what are the pros and cons in
installing as CGI vs module.  Thanks