httpd-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Stark <dst...@mac.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Piping one modules response to another module
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 19:41:43 GMT
I am trying to figure out a way to send the response of a FileMaker
apache module through my php module before returning the result to the
client. I figure that there must be a way to pipe two modules together,
but a web/archive search didn't turn up anything that popped out at me.
Here's some background information.

The FileMaker module is triggered by location...
<Location /FMPro>
	SetHandler fmwsc
</Location>
<Location /FMPJS>
	SetHandler fmwsc
</Location>
<Location /fmres>
	SetHandler fmwsc
</Location>
etc

An example of a URL that is sent through the FileMaker module
<http://mainserver/FMPro?-db=employees.fp5&-format=detail.html&-
lay=detail&-sortfield=unsorted&Shift=Full%20Time&-max=5&-recid=2&-find>

The module essentially retrieves a html document from another server
(that is running the employees database) that has been parsed by that
other server to replace tags with data.

php seems to be triggered by file extensions...
ie
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

---

Is there a way to prevent apache from sending the response from the
FileMaker module and instead route it through the php module first? I'm
looking for a way to do it where I won't have to modify URLs that are
used today. It seems that a simple way would be to make a custom perl
handler that curled the FileMaker part and then ran the result through
php but this would seem to require that I use two different locations
/FMPro vs /BackEndFMPro to avoid an infinite loop.

TIA,
Dan