httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Netscape and security warning.
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 16:24:55 GMT

These are client-sided messages generated by the browser. Nothing you
can do at the server end about them. These sort of stupid things happen
when you let lawyers look at anything. It's the HTTP equivalent of the
"WARNING: contains nuts" you get on packets of nuts.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

Incidentally, it is actually *true* - everything you submit over plain
HTTP *is* insecure. But you knew that anyway, didn't you?

> When running same routine from IE 6 - no warning.
>

> Running Apache 1.29 on RedHat 8.0
> Browser is  Netscape 6
> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; m18) Gecko/20001108
> Netscape6/6.0

Groupe SWX.

views of the sender's company.