httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Problem with Virtual Host On Linux Only
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:18:41 GMT

Errr... That's actually quite important. If you make an HTTP request to
a port that's speaking HTTPS (or vice versa) you will get a "400 Bad
Request". So that must be what you are doing.

> Any suggestions? I am new to Linux and don't understand why the
> configuartion that works with NT doesn't work with Linux.

My guess is that the configuration is *not* the same and that you must
have mixed up your VHs when you converted the paths to Linux format. If
you still have the NT config file, copy it onto the Linux machine
(obviously with a different name so it doesn't overwrite the linux
config file) and then do a diff - eg,

# diff nt_httpd.conf linux_httpd.conf

This will show you the lines which are different. These should only be
the pathnames, eg,

	< DocumentRoot "C:\Apache\htdocs"
	---
	> DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs

If anything else is different, look at it carefully and see how it
afffects your VH setup.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Thx,
> Jitendra
>
> PS: I have updated all the paths and such from NT to Linux.
> If I don't use
> Virtual Hosts the default site works just fine with SSI and CSS.

Groupe SWX.

views of the sender's company.