httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] VHosts, ServerName, ServerAlias and DNS ?
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:19:17 GMT

Err... Yes.

www.domain.com and domain.com are two completely distinct
fully-qualified domain names (FQDNs). There's nothing to stop you having
several machines on different IPs like mail.domain.com, www.domain.com,
ftp.domain.com, www2.domain.com etc. So you have to specify the unique
FQDN in DNS.

Also, I'm not so sure you can use regexps with ServerAlias - It's more
like shell wildcards, so I'd just put:

ServerAlias *.levittpavilionharrisburg.???
or
ServerAlias *.levittpavilionharrisburg.*

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

Groupe SWX.

views of the sender's company.