httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] help for installing Apache.
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:20:29 GMT

lwp_sema_wait(0x001448F8)	(sleeping...)
signotifywait()			(sleeping...)
door_return(0x00000000, 0, 0x00000000, 0) (sleeping...)
lwp_cond_wait(0xFEF655B0, 0xFEF655C0, 0xFEF03C48) (sleeping...)

When viewing a truss output, the problem is usually at the end. In your
case it's the line first line above (lwp_sema_wait) - it looks like
apache is waiting for a semaphore but doesn't get one. It could be that
your system resources are used up.

Do "ipcs" to see what semaphores are in use. You can use "ipcrm" to
clear some but this is getting into serious sys-admin. Read up on those
commands so you know what they do (man and google). It might just be
easier to reboot.

The other question is how did you use up all your resources? Do you have
any other complicated applications running (esp. to do with message
passing and/or process control) that might have used up your resources?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

Groupe SWX.

views of the sender's company.