httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] help for installing Apache.
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 09:04:16 GMT

Exactly. A couple of ideas:

- Are you using SSL? with an encrypted keyfile? If so, apache is waiting
for you to type in the passphrase. However, you should have got some
prompt about this...

- Apache is waiting for some system resource. Make sure none of your
logfiles, config files, etc. is on a networked disk (eg NFS) that could
be causing a latency.

- To see what apache is doing when it goes to sleep, start it directly
and under truss; ie,

	# truss /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -k start

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

Groupe SWX.

views of the sender's company.