httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] RE: SSL Question
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:34:40 GMT

I have no example. You are using an unfamiliar version of apache (IBM
server). All I know is that if you use the "real" apache with mod_ssl
and you have an encrypted keyfile, then when you start apache, you will
be prompted on the command line for a passphrase. You can avoid this by
removing the encryption on the key. Before you ask, I've no idea how you
do this with IBM's products, but on mod_ssl, you do:
http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html#ToC31

I don't have any experience with IBM apache - I'm only guessing it's the
same as the "real" apache and trying to advise on a parallel solution.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

PS please don't change the Reply-to field... Let's keep all mails on the
list.

Groupe SWX.

views of the sender's company.