httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Charlie Blank" <CharlieMailingl...@wirsindblank.de>
Subject [users@httpd] IIS/Outlook Web Access behind Apache with mod_proxy - what am I doing wrong?
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2004 21:57:46 GMT
Hi,

 I've downloaded and installed the mod_proxy module
http://apache.webthing.com/mod_proxy_html/ on my Apache 2.0.48 on SuSE Linux
9.0 (kernel 2.6.1). I've also ensured that libxml2 is of version 2.5.10.

I am trying to 'hide' my IIS server (mainly the exchange OWA frontend in my
DMZ-zone) behind the apache server (this is my only host to the internet).
It 'somehow works a little bit', meaning I am getting the authorization
request from the Win2k3 based IIS server; after that I can see that some
text/images are getting downloaded, but it never comes to an end. At the
same time the CPU-utilization of httpd2-preforker is going to > 15% - and
stays there. If I press 'STOP' on the browser button (tested with opera and
IE), i can see that most of the page was already downloaded...

My httpd.conf config is:

# friend is the name of my Win2k3 IIS server
[..]
ProxyPass /friend/ http://friend/
ProxyHTMLURLMap http://friend /friend

<Location /friend/>
        ProxyPassReverse /
        SetOutputFilter proxy-html
        ProxyHTMLURLMap / /friend/
        ProxyHTMLURLMap /friend /friend
        RequestHeader unset Accept-Encoding
</Location>
[..]

What am I doing wrong -- this thing drives me (and my wife) crazy!!

Thanks for your support.
Charlie