httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ian Huynh" <i...@hubspan.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Help with SSL and CGI Env var export - can't get SSL_CLIENT_CERT_CHAINn values
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:48:38 GMT
Env: 2.0.48 , Win2K, Open SSL 0.9.7c

In apache 2.0.48 and openssl 0.9.7c, according to the docs below

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_ssl.html

there are a number of env vars that can be exported. I am interested in 3 of these

SSL_SERVER_CERT
SSL_CLIENT_CERT string PEM-encoded client certificate
SSL_CLIENT_CERT_CHAINn string PEM-encoded certificates in client certificate chain

I can get the CLIENT_CERT exported but not the CERT_CHAINn or SERVER_CERT . Has anyone been
able to get it to work?

My httpd.conf is below

# turns on SSL Options

SSLOptions +StdEnvVars +ExportCertData

# set the CGI values as HTTP Request Header.

RequestHeader set SSLClientCert %{SSL_CLIENT_CERT}e
RequestHeader set SSLClientCertChain1 %{SSL_CLIENT_CERT_CHAIN1}e
RequestHeader set SSLClientCertChain2 %{SSL_CLIENT_CERT_CHAIN2}e
RequestHeader set SSLServerCert %{SSL_SERVER_CERT}e