httpd-users mailing list archives

From Vik Rubenfeld <v...@mindspring.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Installing PHP - "test.php" not Working?
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2004 23:22:06 GMT
I'm a newbie to Apache. This week I installed my first Apache 2.0 server,
and it's working fine. I then installed PHP. When I ran the PHP test file
("test.php"), the actual text contents of the file came up in the browser:

----------------
<?php
    phpinfo();
?>
----------------

I confirmed that my Apache installation includes the "mod_so.c" module. I
made sure that the file "test.php" was in the default htdocs folder. I
confirmed that my "httpd.conf" file contained the lines :

----------------
LoadModule php4_module /Library/Apache2/modules/libphp4.so
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

I made sure that the directory /Library/PHP4 was installed, and that the
"libphp4.so" file was located in /Library/Apache2/modules.

I logged out of my system (Mac OS-X 10.3.2) and logged back in, to make sure
that Apache restarted.

What am I missing? How can I get PHP working? Thanks in advance to all for
any info.

-Vik