httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeroen Lankheet <Jeroen.Lankh...@logicacmg.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Access to localhost
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 09:09:19 GMT
Hi,

I think you should add localhost to the Allow section. Furthermore, change
the order.

    Order deny, allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from 192.168
    Allow from localhost

Good luck
JL

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Milnes [mailto:alan@milnes7.com]
Sent: vrijdag 13 februari 2004 10:03
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Access to localhost

Hi,

I have a small home LAN setup with a desktop computer running Microsoft
XP / Apache / PHP and a Laptop running Windows 2000.

I am having trouble with accessing localhost (using either
http://127.0.0.1/ or http://localhost/) on the Desktop machine.

My localhost directory is d:/website

My config is set as follows:-

<Directory "d:/website">

    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

    AllowOverride None

    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
    Allow from 192.168

</Directory>

My laptop can access the Internet OK through Apache but when I try to
access localhost on my desktop I get the following error:-

[Fri Feb 13 08:29:27 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by
server configuration: d:/website/

If I change my directory settings to 'Allow from all' then it works OK -
I don't really want to do that though, even if my firewall is configured
to reject incoming requests.

Any help / advice / links to URLS etc gratefully received.

Thanks,

Alan

and inform the sender. Thank you.