httpd-users mailing list archives

From Richard Morse <remo...@partners.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Why doesn't LocationMatch look at the QUERY string (Apache 2.0.48)?
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 20:39:39 GMT
Hi!  I've been searching through the various archives, and while I've
become quite aware that LocationMatch won't look at the query string
for its matching, nowhere is the rationale for this explained.
Offhand, I can't think why this would be an issue, and it would be very
useful for cases (such as I have) where I need to do authentication
based on CGI parameters.  I've looked at the source code, and it seems
that there is one spot (in request.c) where ap_regexec is called where
instead of just passing "r->uri", you could pass something like (please
excuse my extremely poor C) "strcat(r->uri, r->args)".  Does this make
sense?  Why would this be a problem?

Thanks,
Ricky Morse