httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jiang, Jing" <jji...@inovant.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] help for installing Apache.
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:42:28 GMT
Daryle,

the output of "httpd -t" is "Syntax OK". When you read the following red line, you will see
httpd is there. I copied index.html.en to index.html but the results are the same. The browser
is hanging there and looks like fetching the information but never get it. If you kill the
daemon using "ctrl c", since it never get prompt "#" back, the browser even complains "A network
error occurred while Netscape ware retrieving data.
Since I am testing now, my server is using ip address instead of name. does that matter? Please
advise. thanks.

Jing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Darryl Cook [mailto:dlc@cs.appstate.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 11:51 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] help for installing Apache.

Try running httpd -t    and see what that gives you.  That will check your config file to
see if there are errors.  Also make sure that you have an index.html file whereever you have
the DocumentRoot set to...it could be that it is running and just doesnt have anything to
serve.  If you do a ps -eaf | grep httpd  what do you get?

darryl

Jiang, Jing wrote:

Daryle,

I can ping localhost and if you see following output you might find something. thanks for
the reply.

Jing.

# /usr/local/appache/bin/apachectl start <<=== "#" never come back

# ping localhost

localhost is alive

## ps -ef|grep appa

root 4659 1737 0 09:42:16 pts/7 0:00 grep appa

root 1786 1551 0 15:14:58 pts/6 0:00 /bin/sh /usr/local/appache/bin/apachectl start

root 1788 1786 0 15:14:58 pts/6 0:00 /usr/local/appache/bin/httpd -k start

# ping localhost

localhost is alive

# telnet localhost 80

Trying 127.0.0.1...