httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ken Easson <...@justken.net>
Subject [users@httpd] rotatelogs.exe on win32 leaves an open cmd window.
Date Sun, 29 Feb 2004 04:24:24 GMT
Hello,

I've just started using rotatelogs.exe on a windows server.
it all seems to be working, only i have a cmd window open on my desktop - it's annoying. Is
this what is supposed to happen? is there a patch? can i run rotatelogs silently or hidden
or whatever the technical term for it is?
When it first launches - it spawns two rotatelogs windows. When i close them, the second just
pops right back up. I can't find anything that let's me run this in the background where it's
not making noise on my desktop.

I'm using the following line in Apache 2.48

LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined
CustomLog "|bin/rotatelogs.exe logs/logfile 86400" combined env=!dontlog

I am only testing on my main site, but run tonns of virtual servers - each with their own
custom logs, and i plan to rotate them all through rotatelogs - i really don't want to have
300 processes all running at once on my desktop. get's a bit hard to find my editor in the
bar.

any help would be appreciated.

If only this was a perfect world where BSD was the de facto standard for OS's - sigh.

ken easson
justken.net
ken@justken.net
justken web programming and technical support.