httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marty Landman <MLand...@face2interface.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] virtual hosting on a lan - hard limitations?
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 19:38:37 GMT
At 11:44 AM 2/18/2004, Boyle Owen wrote:

> > I wonder if there's a way to browse a website running on another server
> on my lan over the internet
>
>You can use apache on the gateway in Proxy mode. See ProxyPass and
>ProxyPassReverse for details. Beware of the warning regarding setting
>ProxyRequests to "on" (you don't need this).

Cool indeed Owen. BTW did I miss something or were you saying that
"ProxyRequests Off" isn't needed? It's setup that way on my conf file right
now because I'm following the example from the manual, strictly pro forma
though as this is the only proxy I'm doing, i.e. a reverse.

One thing that became clear immediately was why absolute links are a mess
if there's any chance a site will be reverse proxied, right?

Also (yeah I know this is lazy on my part) I played with the proxy mods,
commented out by default on my Apache2 conf file and am just enabling
proxy_module and proxy_connect_module in the LoadModule section.

Thanks.

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc 845-679-9387
This Month's New Quiz --- Past Superbowl Winners