httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marty Landman <MLand...@face2interface.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] *.shtml or *.html
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:37:11 GMT
At 06:25 AM 2/12/2004, Boyle Owen wrote:

>I think you understand the issue but come to a mistaken conclusion. The
>point is whether you want to use SSI on a few pages or on most pages. If
>only on a few pages, use .shtml for those pages to restrict parsing to
>those that need it. If for all or most pages, then use .html everywhere
>and tell the handler to parse all .html files.

How much overhead is actually involved in parsing pages? For instance is
there a way to compare this overhead with the resources consumed by using
an external CSS file for pages served?

OTOH I guess it's easy enough to change httpd.conf to also parse .htm* if
that becomes a more sensible option in the future.

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc 845-679-9387
This Month's New Quiz --- Past Superbowl Winners