httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kaplan, Andrew H." <AHKAP...@PARTNERS.ORG>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem with Automatically Directing Users to Port 443
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:42:50 GMT
I'm setting up another web server running Apache 2.0.48 with OpenSSL installed.
Like its 1.3.29 and mod_ssl counterpart, I want to
automatically have users redirected to port 443 when logging into the system. I
have been able to connect to the server via ports 80
and 443, and I have already made the server its own certificate  authority and
have created the server.crt and server.keys files.

When I was configuring the Virtual Hosts section of the http.conf file,
following information was entered:

		<VirtualHost 192.168.1.100:80>
			ServerName example.com
			ServerAdmin webma	ster@example.com
			DocumentRoot /www
			Redirect / https://example.com/ <https://foo.com/>
		</VirtualHost>

		<VirtualHost 192.168.1.100:443>
			ServerName example.com
			ServerAdmin webmaster@example.com
			DocumentRoot /www

			SSLEngine On
			SSLCertificateFile
/usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.crt/ca-bundle.crt
			SSLCertificateKeyFile
/usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.key/server.key
			SSLCertificateChainFile
/usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.key/server.key
			SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive
ssl-unclean-shutdown
				         </VirtualHost>

I tried to restart the server, but it complained that SSLEngine On was an
invalid command or was defined by a module not included in the
server configuration. I have Webmin installed on the server and I checked the
known configured modules for Apache, and mod_ssl did appear
as configured.

Anyone have an idea what could be the show stopper? Thanks.