httpd-users mailing list archives

From j.p.waterho...@btopenworld.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] CGI program loading a page
Date Sun, 22 Feb 2004 17:38:01 GMT

>  from:    Marty Landman <MLandman@face2interface.com>
>  date:    Sat, 21 Feb 2004 22:22:45
>  to:      users@httpd.apache.org
>  subject: Re: [users@httpd] CGI program loading a page
>
> At 05:14 PM 2/21/2004, j.p.waterhouse@btopenworld.com wrote:
>
> >I'd like to have my CGI program tell httpd to load a page from a URL and
> >have it handle any SSI stuff in the page.
>
> If you mean by URL an internal page on the same server then you can use
> Perl's LWP package, e.g.
>
> use LWP::Simple;
> get $URL;               #  $URL eq '/a_page.shtml'
>
> This is no different than having your browser point to URL of course,
> apache will handle any SSI processing needed as normal and appropriate and
> leaves me wondering if my interpretation of your question is wrong.

Thank you for replying.

Actually, I'm writing the CGI program in C, rather than Perl.

I'd like the CGI program to process some stuff in a form, and then load a page. The page has
a lot of SSI on it, so I can't just open the file and print it. I need httpd to parse it and
serve it up.

I get the feeling that it's something simple, but I don't know what it is.

Thank you again.

-Jack