httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Fenton, Tim" <Tim_Fen...@hen.invesco.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Can Apache 2.0 supply a Client Certifcate to remote server when acting as Reverse Proxy?
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:57:08 GMT
I'll try to keep this short!

We have Apache 2.0 set up as a Reverse Proxy as follows:

Browser ---SSL---> Apache Reverse Proxy ---SSL---> Remote server (IIS)

So far so good it's SSL throughout the journey and this works fine.

The Remote Server wants to "Require" Client Certs but we don't want to
install Certs on the browser.
Instead we want Apache to supply the Client Cert to the Remote Server.

Can this be done? Has anyone done it? How?

SSLProxyMachineCertificateFile directive looks hopeful but so far we haven't
been able to get Apache to co-operate with the connection being refused by
the Remote Server with "Client Certificate Required".

Any ideas gratefully received.

Regards,
Tim Fenton
01491 417349

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this
message, and any attachments, may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. It is intended solely for the
person(s) or entity to which it is addressed. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination, or taking of any action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you received
material from any computer.