httpd-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Guido <infinitee...@speakeasy.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: questions...
Date Sun, 29 Feb 2004 09:39:09 GMT
there is DEFINETELY a win32 mysql.  you can go check yourself at
www.mysql.com.  it is highly reccommended if youre running anything but
a gigantic database for the likes of AT&T.  there are also PLENTY of
install guides for apache/mysql/php/win32 installs on the net (search
google).  the problem could be with your isp blocking port 80.  try to
disable the firewall software on your machine as best as possible and
run over to a security scanner like the one at grc.com and scan your
computer.  if port 80 comes back as open, your isp doesnt block it.

post the full contents of your config file.  and once you think you have
your server running try to go to http://127.0.0.1/ and see if it comes
up.  then ask a friend to go to your ip address, which looks like
http://10.1.132.153/ .  if the 127... doesnt work then its a problem
with YOUR config file.  if your friend cant reach your ip address, its a
problem with letting port 80 through.

if i didnt answer any of your problems, post your problems again because
theyre a little hazy.