httpd-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Stone <cityli...@petmystone.com>
Subject [users@httpd] SetEnvIfNoCase ?
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:05:47 GMT
List,

Given:

SetEnvIfNoCase Referer "^http://www.mydomain.com/" local_ref=true
SetEnvIfNoCase Referer "^http://www.mydomain.com"  local_ref=true

Is this legal? I think it is...if the first doesn't match, but the
second does, local_ref is set.

Is the assigment typed? Can it be a boolean (as above), integer (like C)
or arbitrary string?

I understand that the assignment is required, yet not reported as a
"Syntax Error" in an apachectl configtest if missing. Yet, it seems that
the value assigned is not used except in CGI scripts.

The failure to make an assigment is a configuration problem yet easily
missed; I overlooked it for more than a year. Can anyone elaborate on
the consequences of the missing assignment and how the assigment is
used? I never use it, only testing to see if it is assigned:

         <FilesMatch ".(gif|jpg|png)">
             Order Allow,Deny
             Allow from env=local_ref
         </FilesMatch>