httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] CGI program loading a page
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 00:58:56 GMT
j.p.waterhouse@btopenworld.com wrote:

> Actually, I'm writing the CGI program in C, rather than Perl.
>
> I'd like the CGI program to process some stuff in a form, and then load a page. The page
has a lot of SSI on it, so I can't just open the file and print it. I need httpd to parse
it and serve it up.

> I get the feeling that it's something simple, but I don't know what it is.

It doesn't really matter what language it's written in.  In perl you'd
use LWP::Simple as in the previous example.  In C you could use libcurl,
or any other URL-fetching library.  Getting a document from the local
server is no different than getting one from a remote server.

Brian