httpd-users mailing list archives

From BAO RuiXian <ruixian....@pp.inet.fi>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Multiple IPs for VirtualHost
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 21:20:00 GMT

Wil Hatfield wrote:

> Is there an optimal way of setting up a domain at two different IP
> addresses. We are switching subnets and want to have redundancy until
> the ISPs around the globe flush their caches.  Right now I am getting
> the following errors:
>
> [error] VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80 mixing * ports and non-* ports
> with a NameVirtualHost address is not supported, proceeding with
> undefined results
> [warn] NameVirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80 has no VirtualHosts

I guess in your NameVirtualHost argument there is no port defined, hence
comes the error "mixing * ports and non-* ports...". Please make the
arguments after NameVirtualHost and VirtualHost consistent to see if the
error goes away.

Best

Bao

PS: you may don't want to send HTML format messages, which are disliked
by most subscribers.