httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pete Stokes <stok...@quinn-direct.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Performance problems
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:17:43 GMT
I've just got my app load balanced between Apache 1.3 & 2xTomcat 4.1.29,
JK, SunJDK1.4.2, all seperate boxes. I have set heap site (JVM settings)
same as my Tomcat 5.0.18, and guessed minProcessors=100 and
maxProcessors=300 for server.xml's - config different to 5.0.18.

It's appears about 3x as slow as a single Tomcat 5.0.18.

I have three questions re this:

1) Has any1 experienced this and found a solution?
2) If I can't get T4.1.29 up2speed, and want to loadbalance with T5.0.18
/ Apache 2, do people actually use Apache 2 in production without any
major issues?
3) If I go point 2, then the only way I've found to provide loadbalancer
redundancy for those versions is LinuxVirtualServer. Is that correct?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Pete.

in error please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the
presence of computer viruses.
For any information on the Quinn Group of Companies please visit :-

http://www.quinn-group.com