httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache/Browsers: Maybe OT
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:07:32 GMT
Ben Crane wrote:

> I know that, I'm just assuming (rightly or wrongly)
> that having 2 or 3 browsers running on an OS "might"
> cause problems...I was wondering if anyone else had
> done that same as I want to and whether it's practical
> or not.

A browser is just a regular application, there's nothing special about
it.  This question is the same as asking, "Can I install two text
editors, will that mess anything up?"  At the moment I have Internet
Explorer, Crazy Browser, Netscape 4.x, Mozilla 1.6, Firefox 0.8, and
K-Meleon installed.  I think you'll find a lot of developers do
something similar for testing purposes.

Brian