httpd-users mailing list archives

From Aaron W Morris <aaronmor...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SSL Question
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 19:30:21 GMT
Strader, William Alexander (WAX) wrote:

> How does a web browser decypher 256 bit encryption??
>
> Thanks,
>
> Billy S.
> WebPool
> Office: (865) 425-5178

At least Mozilla does.   Cannot speak for IE (I cannot find where IE
reports the cipher used).  You need to look at the docs for the
SSLCipherSuite directive:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_ssl.html#sslciphersuite

Any cipher that OpenSSL supports should be available to you.  The
browser should auto-negotiate the highest level of security that both
the server and browser support.