httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem Starting Apache with SSL
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 14:25:42 GMT
"Kaplan, Andrew H." wrote:

> I had temporarily brought down our Apache server (1.3.29) (mod_ssl 2.18.16) to
> reconfigure the httpd.conf file with some additional aliases.
> When I went to restart the server, it was unable to do do. I checked the
> eror_log file, and came across the following messages:
>
> mod_ssl: Init: (servername:443) Unable to configure RSA server private key
> (OpenSSL library error follows)
> OpenSSL: error:0B080074:x509 certificate routines:X509_check_private_key:key
> values mismatch
>
> What do I need to do to correct this problem and get the server back up and
> running?

As Boyle said, it appears that your private key doesn't match your
certificate.  Make sure the configuration directives are right and that
they point to the correct files.  The mod_ssl FAQ has a good section on
using the openssl command line tool to verify and check certificates and
keys: http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html#verify-key

Brian