httpd-users mailing list archives

From jalil <ja...@securia.com>
Subject [users@httpd] How to configure running a file when downloaded?
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 18:22:58 GMT

I am new to Apache and wanted to set up a download directory in my web
server to do the following:

- if a file has an .xpi extension, ask the client (browser) for
permission to run (install) the file
- if any other file that is not text, ask client for permission to
download it

I think I need to at least send the right file type info to browser but
I don't know exactly how in Apache and also dont know if I need to use
any speecial handler in this case or not. Could somebody tell me what I
need to do exactly or point me to the right documentation.

Thanks,

-Jalil