httpd-users mailing list archives

From Geoffrey <esote...@3times25.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] do I have access to the user id used in basic authentication?
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 17:36:01 GMT
Boyle Owen wrote:

> [...]

Thanks, for the reference to the env var, it was the clue that provided
the solution.

The initial page is static html, but it's a form that's processed by
perl.  Here's my solution using server side includes, since I wanted to
be able to pass the value as an input to the cgi:

<input type="hidden" name="userid"
value="<!--#echo var="REMOTE_USER"-->">

I wrapped it to fit the email, but in the code, it was all on one line.

Which produces the following in the html nicely:

<input type="hidden" name="userid" value="esoteric">