httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache mod_ssl bug?
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 14:03:13 GMT
David Bezjak wrote:

> Well. You might be right. I've never tried this configuration but I don't
> want to post the domain name (maybe it's microsoft.com ;) ) here.
>
> Anyway, Redhat states that "ServerName directives in SSL virtual hosts must
> explicitly specify the port number", in Apache2 that is:
>
> http://www.europe.redhat.com/documentation/rhl8.0/rhl-rg-en-8.0/s1-httpd-v2-
> mig.php3
>
> I think it works both ways but ill do it the Redhat way.

You're probably right, I was thinking of something else.  It shouldn't
break it to include the port... but it shouldn't be necessary either.

Back to your actual problem... WHen you click on your foo.zip link,
what's in the server's access and error logs?  Does it work if you enter
an explicit URL, i.e. type https://localhost/foo.zip into the browser?
Finally, are there any indications of SSL problems in the SSL log?

Brian