httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jason Jesso" <jje...@global-matrix.com>
Subject [users@httpd] chunked http response
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 20:02:58 GMT
Hi:

I wrote a program that sends an HTTP message to a web server and gets
the response.  The web server is the apache http server.

One particluar response is "chunked" transfer encoding on a SSL
connection.   What I am finding is that I am getting all the content
(i.e. chunks), but the last "0" sized chunk to denote the end 20 - 22
seconds later.

I tried using non-blocking sockets also to see if the data was getting
buffered, but not the case.

So, I get all the chunks pretty fast and then the web server sends the
"0", 20 secs later.  Why the delay?